Reconnect with your CMN Rep
Manage expectations for follow-up services
Manage your emotional energy post-launch
Create your post-launch calendar
- Staff holidays
- Plan for seasonal events
- Make time for rest
- Map out sermon series
Develop and maintain strategy for financial sustainability
- Set expectations for tithes and offerings from team leaders
- Expect highs and lows
- Match your expectations with reality – don't be discouraged
Automate your response to new visitors
- Create an online sign-up form that sends a follow-up email right away
Create on-ramps and off-ramps to transition from church launch team to leadership team
Maintain relationships with other pastors and church planters – don’t feel like you have to do everything alone
Connect with an organization that matches your ministry context
Expand your relationship with your Assemblies of God District
Circle back to your donors
- Keep those who invested in your church up-to-date after launch
- Leverage excitement and momentum to promote your church consistently after launch
- Budget for social media promotions, google ads, etc.
Managing your location
- Have a plan B if your location has to change
- Maintain financial reserves for rent/lease
- Develop what you are looking for in elders, deacons, church board, and leadership team post-launch
Small groups and discipleship
- What is your discipleship track for new believers?
- Who leads your small groups?
- What is your small group curriculum?
Set up system for pastoral care
- Weddings, hospital visits, baby dedications, pre-marital counseling, etc.
Determine when your church’s age-focused ministries will begin
- Children’s ministry
- Make staff decisions
- Youth ministry
- Summer camp
- Outreach events